Calendar of Events
Bike & Build – June 14th – 20th – Pedaling for Affordable Housing
After a Youth Build On The 19th and the Blessing of the Bikes on the morning of the 20th, 35 riders will start their cross-country trek . Habitat hopes to receive a grant for our participation in this amazing event.
Bike & Build raises funds for affordable housing projects
- Over ten seasons, Bike & Build has contributed more than $4M to housing groups to fund projects planned and executed by young adults; this includes more than $600,000 donated from the summer of 2012. Bike & Build hopes to donate at about this contribution level for the summer of 2013.
- Through pre-arranged gifts, Bike & Build funds affordable housing projects executed by our participants in communities where our events begin. Through our grant program, our organization identifies and supports exciting projects involving young people all throughout the nation. Bike & Build also supports local affordable housing organizations along each route through on the road donations.
Bike & Build garners media and community attention for the affordable housing cause.
- Bike & Build’s expansive national footprint allows our organization to promote the need for and importance of affordable housing in 47 states, 1 province, and hundreds of communities nationwide.
- Through print, TV media, radio, town-hall style meetings, and informal grassroots interaction, Bike & Build participants bring our organization’s message to thousands of people from all walks of life.
SENH Habitat for Humanity Annual Meeting – June 25th
June 25th, 5pm, venue to be determined.
The American Red Cross Blood Drive – September 14th
Habitat partners with The American Red Cross for this event. The blood drive will be held from 10:00am – 3:00 pm at the ReStore. Check back soon for a link that will allow you to register!
The Launch of Nickels for Nails in Celebration of World Habitat Day – October 7th
In partnership with Saltwater Integrated Creative Agency (www.saltwaterco.com) SENH will celebrate World Habitat Day. Nickels for Nails is a youth-led fundraising initiative that will mobilize youth to raise funds to build homes for sponsor families in NH. The mission of the event is to educate students on the housing crisis here in New Hampshire. While at the same time raising funds to help build a home here.
Make a difference through Nickels for Nails and see first-hand how donating extra change can make a life-altering difference for one deserving family. Teachers, youth group coordinators and students will receive a coin collection container for their classroom along with a guide on starting a successful fund drive. Teachers can also download curriculum plans to educate their students about the growing housing crisis and how everyone can help in the cause. The group who raises the most funds during the drive will be eligible to win a prize and be recognized by Southeast NH Habitat for Humanity.
World Habitat Day – October 7th
A day for grassroots action throughout the world, starting in your community
In December 1985, the United Nations General Assembly declared the first Monday in October to be World Habitat Day.
- To call attention to the need for better shelter around the world.
- To let it be known that affordable, adequate housing should be a priority everywhere.
- To change the systems, policies and attitudes that lead to poverty housing, and involve partners in solutions.
World Habitat Day is on Monday, Oct. 7, 2013.
Habitat for Humanity supporters will join with supporters of adequate shelter around the globe will participate in special activities that highlight the need for safe, decent and affordable shelter.
By advocating for universal decent housing, we seek to alter the systems that reinforce poverty housing and to make affordable housing a reality for all.
SENH with celebrate World Habitat Day with the launch of Nickels to Nails. Please see above.
Bowl-A-Thon – October 24th
BOWLING TO BUILD HOMES
NOVEMBER 24, 6PM – 8PM
559 LAFAYETTE ROAD, PORTSMOUTH
Come out and bowl for Southeast NH Habitat for Humanity on November 15th! Help us continue our 20-year tradition of helping families in both Strafford and most of Rockingham Counties. Create a team with friends or ask your employer to sponsor a team. $500 donation requested per team. Can’t create team? Don’t worry, register as an individual ($100) and we’ll put you with other fun-loving Habitat bowlers.
A Special Event That You Will Not Want To Miss – November 23rd
Check back soon for more details!